Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Before I Die I Want to...



Installation artist and urban planner Candy Chang implemented this project on the corner of Marigny and Burgundy Sts. in New Orleans. She covered an abandoned building with blackboards with the incomplete sentence «Before I die I want to...» and left out chalk so passersby could fill in the blanks. She writes on the website that the intention was to «transform a neglected space into a constructive one where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us».

The one in the fifth picture down that says «...get my wife back» got to me.

What would you fill in?



... live in New Orleans again.



... have some kids.


...go to all seven continents. Well, maybe not Antarctica.


...publish a novel.

The project in Khazakstan


No comments: